Saturday, July 18, 2009

Almost 1 year old...

Baby Alex started walking this week! He took two wobbly steps on Tuesday with Papa. Then on Wednesday we went to the YMCA. When I picked him up in Child Watch after my exercise class they told me he was walking! Not that he had taken a step, but that he was "walking"! I set him down and sure enough, he pretty much walked across the room. Amazing! Everybody says that when it happens it happens quickly, but I was amazed!

He's also in this funny development stage where he hides his food. He'll be eating blueberries or goldfish or any numer of finger foods and stuffs them by the fistful down the back of his shirt. It's so wierd! I take him out of the high chair and and showers of goldfish fall out of the back of shirt. Or worse, if he's wearing a jumper then sometimes I don't even realize it until I change his diaper and there's handfuls of food in the back of his diaper. Alejandro finds it hilarious. I'm somewhere between puzzled and annoyed.

We also turned his carseat around this week which so far has made for a much happier baby in the car. We're off to the airport now to pick up abuelita. Ale's Mom is visiting for the next two weeks. Baby Alex is sure to be plenty spoiled!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Does it kill you that you missed it?? At least you saw his first few steps. A whole new stage has begun--fun!!