We made a spontaneous visit to the beach one Saturday afternoon. We didn't have swimming trunks, towels or sun block, but that didn't keep the boys from diving in. Alex chased the waves.
Alex just had his last day of daycare this week. He's been in a wonderful home daycare for the past year but will be starting preschool part time in early July.
Garrett has been his best little buddy at daycare and Alex is going to miss him.


We brought in cupcakes and had a little celebration to say goodbye to his friends. There are a couple of babies at daycare and I think the exposure to them was great for Alex in preparation for his baby sister. He's really sweet with her and is always attentive to her needs and what she is doing.
We brought in cupcakes and had a little celebration to say goodbye to his friends. There are a couple of babies at daycare and I think the exposure to them was great for Alex in preparation for his baby sister. He's really sweet with her and is always attentive to her needs and what she is doing.
We're planning to bring Cassiel here once she's a year old. Until then we're hoping to have a nanny at home with her. I'm actively searching for a nanny and would welcome referrals if anyone has any. I'll be transitioning back to work at the end of July. Fortunately Ale's Mom will be in town then for a couple weeks which will help ease the transition.
Our picnic at the park on Father's Day...
I'm realizing we don't have a single photo of the four of us - must fix that.
And now for news on our little angel....
SHE IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! 9 weeks old and she slept through the night the past two nights in a row. I'm hoping it's a permanent development instead of just a stage, but either way I'm am delighted. I think I paid my dues with Alex who STILL doesn't sleep through the night and the universe owed me an easier baby. Now if only we could get her to take a bottle...
She now smiles, engages in prolonged eye contact, coos and neighs like a horse. She looks just like Alex when he was a baby. So much so that I sometimes have moments of deja vu and have to remind myself that she's a whole new little person.
I'm realizing we don't have a single photo of the four of us - must fix that.
Oh look at that.... Cassiel fits in a baseball cap. Uncle Seth is determined to make our children Giants fans.
Aunt Jen graciously letting Alex hijack her juice in exchange for a cuddle...
Aunt Ruthie came to visit us and meet Cassiel! She's living in Seattle and we get to see far less of her than we'd like to. But she just got into the University of Washington and we are very excited for her! Alex is old enough now that he remembers her and was excited to see her.
(Sorry, Ruth, this was apparently the only photo I took while you were here.)
No comments:
Post a Comment