Sunday, July 29, 2012

Alex's 4th Birthday

Our little man turned four! We celebrated with a water/super-hero/airplane themed party - partly because he's in to everything and partly because Mama just couldn't decide. With living in Los Angeles, it's great that his birthday is in the middle of summer - there are so many great parks around us.


Tia Jhoselin was with us all summer from Mexico and the kids are madly in love her. She was excited to finally be with Alex to celebrate one of his birthdays. She and Alejandro made 200 water balloons which the kids went through in less than five minutes. I think that will be the last time we do water balloones. The super soakers were a hit, though.


And we had fireman backpack water guns that the boys enjoyed. Half the battle was just keeping them fueled up with water.


Good friends from pre-school, Max and Ryan came. Alex's good friends Owen and Garrett have both moved out of state this summer and we're missing them already.


The Santa Monica Airport is always popular with the little guys.


They pretended to fly...

And of course, we had an Avengers pinata. We had a Thor cake too, but I neglected to take pictures of it. The question of the week at preschool a few weeks back was "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Alex answered Thor. Not just "a super hero" - he wants to be Thor. Aunt Ruthie, on recommendation, got him a mjolnir for his birthday.


In other cute Alex news, he asked me this week if I would marry him. (Ahhhh, I know...imagine me melting here). I said "Sure, honey! Oh, wait, I can't, I'm already married to your Papa". To which he responded "But Mama, don't you love me?" Oh sweet boy, if you only knew. Love you to pieces. So precious.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Happy birthday, Alex!! I don't get the appeal of water balloons, either. They never seem to pop at the right time/places.