Sending our letters to Santa on Christmas eve...
Alex with Grammy. Happiness.
Grammy and Cousin Katie.
Including this photo for memory's sake. One of my happy places...playing with the children, Grammy and Grandpa in the kitchen, a glass of wine in hand. One of those moments when all is well with the world.
A rainy day at Long Marine Lab. It's fun to rediscover places of my youth with my children. Actually, no, I don't remember ever going here as a girl. But I could have. Might have. If we lived in Santa Cruz, or one day when we live in Santa Cruz, I imagine we would go there often. They have dolphins in a tank and it was worth the dash out in the pouring rain to see the cute little creatures, who bobbed their heads up to greet us like as if they knew just how special it was to see them.
Lighthouse. Cassiel. Eating a tangerine.
The balloon man in downtown = far more fun than I would have guessed. Alex asked for a shark. Definitively he wanted a shark. The poor ballon man used a dozen balloons and clearly struggled to make the shark, but he pleased the crowd. Alex named the shark something silly like 'Bob'. I can't remember what it was exactly, but 'Bob' became his sidekick for days.
No comments:
Post a Comment