Hello blog readers! After a very busy summer and hiatus from blogging, we're back with fun updates on our adventures this summer. In August we went up Seattle to visit Aunt Ruthie. It was a very fun trip.
Alex got a private tour and photo opp in the cockpit (thanks Virgin America!). It was the most enjoyable part of the flight. He didn't cry, but it took constant attention to keep him entertained. Then on the flight home (our mommy friends will appreciate this) he had TWO poopy diapers. TWO! In a three hour flight. Oy vey. It's not so much fun to change a diaper on a plane.

Next up, Alex got to pose on Jame's motorcycle. I think we were more excited about it than he was.

What he got really excited about, though, was the Aquarium. He loved it. And I think I heard him say something that sounded like "water".


A view of Puget Sound with Mama and Aunt Ruthie

Alex very seriously enjoying apple juice at the farmer's market... Ruth and I agreed to each buy an ingredient at the market that we'd never cooked with before. I ended up with some greens called purslain that were actually pretty tasty. She made eggplant and...fondue! Delicious cheesy heaven. We definitely ate well in Seattle.

Dinner with the Olsons (Ruth's boyfriend's family). We had fresh salmon from Puget Sound, played with the dog and celebrated John and Carol's 36th anniversary with them. Congrats!

We made the obligatory tourist trip Pike Place Market and posed with the brass pig. I'm sure there is some story behind the pig, but I have not idea what it is. Of course I drank lattes every day too. That's what you're supposed to do when in Seattle, right?

And then the zoo...
Alex posed for all sorts of pictures with primates


And penguins...
No comments:
Post a Comment