We spend lots of weekend time at playgrounds. Alex loves sand, loves slides, loves climbing.... and generally loves being outdoors.
Why can I never seem to capture him smiling on camera?
Swimming with Tia Shassel! Alex loves the water and has a blast in the pool!
After 8 fun months with us, Tia Shassel moved back to Mexico. We had lots of fun with her and were sad to see her go. She was amazingly helpful watching Alex and really helped me transition back to working full time, knowing that my little boy was in such good hands.
Of course Alex didn't understand what it meant that Tia Shas was leaving, so he was all giggles. In fact it wasn't until he saw her on Skype a few days later that he seemed to be confused.
Alex is now going to a small, home day care near our house. There are only 9 kids there all under 3 years old. The first couple of days he was curious and happy to be at day care. Then he seemed to realize that I was leaving him when we got to day care and he was really clingy. But by the third week he was fully transitioned and now jumps out of the car and runs into day care. I'm lucky if I even get him to blow me a kiss before I leave.
1) Every night when I get home from work he wants to go out for a walk. He grabs his beany and says "hat, hat" and heads to the door!
2) On our walks he picks flowers and gives them to me! ( I know, I know, I melt every time!)
3) He now says shoes, socks, head, star, chi chi, moooo (for cows)
4) At bedtime we climb into bed, turn on the reading lamp and read stories cuddling while he drinks his bottle (it's my favorite part of the day!)
5) He LOVES his Papa! And he knows his Papa will buy him whatever he wants. When we're out shopping and he finds something he wants he ignores me entirely and howls "Pa-pa!" at the top of his lungs. Then goes running to find Papa.
Sigh. So cute, this little boy!
1 comment:
Soooo cute, your little boy. And I think there's some kind of camera out there for kids, where it knows to snap the picture when the kid is smiling. That's brilliant. I love that he's so fun and interactive and smart!
Post a Comment