Monday, December 7, 2009

Lighthearted Parenting

Hi mommy friends.
I'm sharing a link to an article I found inspirational: http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/2006/07/tips_for_being_.html It's called 'How to be a light hearted parent'. Nothing radical in here, just a lot of good reminders. Especially right now since Alex has started having his first tantrums. The simplest things provoke the most outrageous responses from him. He screams because he's not ready to get off the swings, or because I won't let him climb into the water fountain or because Papa won't give him a cookie. Big sigh. Isn't it too early for this? I thought we would enjoy two blissful years with him until he developed this side of his personality. Fortunately these moments are still outnumbered by all of his mounds of sweetness. He has learned to shake his head when answering questions. But he shakes his head 'no' to everything. "Alex do you want to watch cartoons?" Vigorous head shaking no. "Alex do you want to go to the park?" More head shaking no...as he heads to the front door and tries to get outside. It's so funny.

PS: more pictures soon. Sorry. Our home computer died so we're in photo limbo. Which also might mean you get New Year's cards from us this year instead of Christmas cards...

No comments: