Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 2011

It's November and raining. I bought Alex a raincoat and rainboots on Amazon and he told everyone that they were a gift from the mailman. Ahhh, my three year old's understanding of internet shopping; so precious.

I took him out to play in the rain one morning. He jumped in the first puddle and said "My rain boots work! Thanks Mama!" So cute!

He has also decided he is now potty trained. We had been trying for the past few months, sometimes more successfully than others, but we never pushed too hard. Then one day he said "No more diapers, Mama" and that was it. Amazing. I give his preschool teachers a lot of credit. Between their encouragement and peer pressure from his classmates he just decided he was ready. I'm thrilled.


In other big milestones, Cassiel is now crawling! And standing and climbing! She's a mobile little munchkin now and happiest when she's on the ground exploring. It's so fun to watch her take off. She's curious and sweet and cuddly and such a total joy.


She finally got to meet her friends Maddie and Ella (below), my good friend Wenny's twins, who are two months younger than Cassiel. We figured they are destined to be BFFs given how much time Wenny and I spent together while pregnant. Our friends Thomas and Albert hosted a paella night (delicious!) and were brave enough to invite us all over with our kids in tow. I realized how much my idea of fun has changed in the last couple of years. Fun isn't time alone or a "night off" from the kids. It's adult company with good food, usually some wine and my kids playing happily with us in the middle of it all.




And in other important introductions....here is Cassiel with Baby Larson (en utero), both 7 months old! Uncle Seth and Aunt Jen are due in mid January and we are giddy excited to meet our little boy cousin. Cassiel promises to show him important life skills like crawling and squealing and drooling. We can't wait to meet him!


No comments: