For weeks leading up to Halloween Alex said he wanted to be Spider-Man, which was great because he already has a Spider-Man costume (and Thor and Batman and a skeleton and a race car driver, etc. There is no shortage of costumes in our house). But then the week of Halloween out of nowhere he decides he wants to be Captain America. I convinced him to wear the costumes he already had and he stuck with Super Heroes. Here he is as Thor conquering the jungle gym
Every year we invite Alex's little friends over for dinner and then we go to the community party at the YMCA. (Although half the time we never make it to the party because the kids are having too much fun playing and the parentshave had too much wine)
yummmm, pumpkin cupcakes...
We never dressed the baby up nor carved pumpkins this year. I was feeling guilty about both but we went to FOUR Halloween parties so I think we got in enough celebrating. Trick or Treating was an interesting experience. We went with his little friends Simon and Saul in their neighborhood. Alex started off too timid to ring door bells and then ended up so confident he barged into houses and I had to explain that we don't actually go IN to the houses. He got the hang of it by the fifth house and loved that strangers were giving him candy.
No comments:
Post a Comment